Saturday, September 1, 2007

We just keep Growing

Author Roy E. Young---The Governor's Prisoner. www.thegovernorsprisoner.com. I paid Airleaf several hundred dollars, never received what was promised and never sold a book through them. I truly felt like a dope until learning about authors who have been screwed out of many thousands.

Author Sam Kay - Destiny of Man-The Book of Searcher. "I first got hooked up with another publisher, AuthorHouse, who did exactly what they said they would do. They published my book and sent me some tips on how to get it noticed. When things didn't go exactly the way they said they would go, I go hooked up with Airleaf. I was sold on the Guaranteed Placement package. They also republished my book a second time. After a year, and close to $3,000 for "other services" including taking my book to Hollywood numerous times, I found that I wasn't getting any money from them for any books I had sold. They also didn't place my book in the guaranteed 10 bookstores as promised. I have spent a lot of time and money in getting this book published and feel as if I have been taken for a ride by Airleaf.
When I still had money and was able to pay for the services offered by Airleaf, I gave them money to take my book to Hollywood to pitch it to produces for a possible movie. This had always been a dream of mine so I was more then a little excited about this prospect. I waited for a couple of weeks after the trip and finally called to ask what happened. I was told there was some interest in my book and if they wanted to make it into a movie they would contact me. I never heard a thing."

Author Shamaka (Betty A. Flesher) The Cry of the Wolf, and Life for the Intelligence Impaired. We gave Bookman/Airleaf $3945.00 to promote our books, to promote us. We got nothing except our lives on hold, in turmoil, waiting for something to happen. It was a daily hassle to deal with them. They would not give us any answers, they would not return calls. They did NOTHING!! We did the work, we had the headaches, and we paid them!! The only thing they promoted was FRAUD!!
With turning them in, we hope they will not be able to swindle other
people out of their money, their dignity, their self-assurance, their power, and their ability to make judgements. Its like having the rug pulled out from under you, with the person doing the pulling, sitting there gloating, at what they have done, at what they have stolen. Its time for them to reap what they have sown. Its time for them to give back the lives to those they have stolen them from!! I have had no life for the past 2-1/2 years dealing with Airleaf. Its time for me to reclaim my life, my space in Creation."

Authors Keith and Barbara Stuart - We have been associated with Airleaf for four years. Generally, we had been pleased with the results as they published five of our books. Then things started going sour. Our first couple of royalty checks were decent, then no royalty checks at all. In fact they were selling one of our books at such a deep discount that each book sale resulted in a deficit. Then I couldn't get them to even send me a sales report. The big blow came when we booked the September cruise on a Carnival ship. Although we paid in January, we could never get any straight information about times or even the destination airport. By August, we were so frustrated that we cancelled the cruise and requested a refund. There were lots of promises, but the money was never refunded. After checking with Carnival, I learned no cruise had ever been booked. The book we ordered in April has never been printed. After many delays with constant change of employees, we finally received a finished galley and cover in September with a promise to send our books by mid-October. No books. We can't reach them by phone or e-mail and our books are no longer listed on their website. Conservately, I would say they owe us close to $4,000. We were so oblivious to what was going on there because we had had such a good relationship and we believed all the lies. I don't think we will ever understand why Airleaf took a profitable business and systematically distroyed it and his authors along with it.

Books: Banners of Honor (Keith and Barbara Stuart) Banners of Liberty, (Keith and Barbara Phillips Stuart) Banners in the Wind (Keith and Barbara Phillips Stuart) A Good Run (Keith and Barbara Phillips Stuart) Rainstorms and Rainbows,( Barbara Phillips Stuart) 44 Points, (Keith Stuart)

No comments: