Tuesday, October 9, 2007

AIRLEAF UPDATES, October 9, 2007

October 6, 2007
Dear Airleaf Victim Friends,
Each week we are gaining new members. Our numbers now are nearly 80. This comes through the Google adwords where I am advertising our website. I am working to update the website each week adding your stories. Sadly, my computer web person was on vacation this week so it won't be updated again for another day or two. For those of you who have posted your stories on there, I am happy to add your website if you would like it included with your posting. One of our authors suggested that, and I'm happy to do it.
Detective Buskirk was back this week, and he is diligently compiling all of your information. It is IMPERATIVE that you send him your story if you haven't done so already. I appreciate your doing this because it will in time bring down the house of Airleaf. Be patient a little longer. I am confident that we are making a major difference.
I spoke to Ron Hawkins this week from the Indiana paper. He hasn't done anything on our story because he is busy until after the election. It's a small local paper, so I'm not expecting much. Instead, I would like to make this a national issue as I mentioned last week. This week, I am going to write my own press release. I will write a general press release using the stories of those of you who have given me permission. Then I would be happy to contact the news paper in your area to interest them in doing a story featuring their local authors' stories. If you are interested in working with me on this, please let me know.
On a side note before I print this weeks "horror story," I would like to discuss an issue that is painful for me, but I feel I need to discuss it. While I was at my wits end with Airleaf, I went to Brien Jones for help. I didn't know Brien at Airleaf nor did I have any dealings with him. He sent me a letter like many of you received talking about his leaving and the reasons why. I called him in desperation because I was having no results with Airleaf. This was in May. He sounded genuine and told me that he, too, was a victim of Airleaf. He told me that he had started his own company where he was helping authors in the "right" way. He offered to reprint my book for free. I told him that I was producing a new book that I wanted published for my annual national gathering in September, and he said that was fine, he'd print that for free. Remember, at that point, I still knew nothing about him. After starting the "Airleaf Victims" group, I started getting all of your emails--plus more--from authors who had been defrauded by Airleaf. The overwhelming number of them mentioned that Brien was the one responsible for their being scammed. When I confronted him with this information, he claimed that he was just "following orders" like the other employees. He was going to "right the wrongs" of Airleaf and publish people's books for free. In fact, he sent an email to one of you this week stating he has published 31 books for free, taking the loss himself. He promised me that he wouldn't be doing what Airleaf did--fake promotions and publicity. I believed him. I wanted to give him a chance. Some of you thought I was naive, but I couldn't believe in my heart that he would repeat the stench of Airleaf. I did tell him quite clearly that if he did, he would be on the same road to disaster as Airleaf.
Now after talking to a number of ex-employees and from the feedback of you, our Airleaf Victims, I realize that I was wrong. I apologize to those of you whom I tried to convince that things have changed at Jones Harvest. It's the same story--different day--different place. I know that two of you have written to me about Brien being wonderful based on your experience. I wish you luck and wish you the best. But my experience has shown me otherwise, and for this reason, I will not be affiliated with Brien because it hurts my credibility. I hope Brien will do the right thing by those people who have faith in him. I'm not one of them any more.
One of my goals for this group is to establish a way for you to do your own publicity. I will be more than happy to do the research for this in the months ahead. I read on one site that it is much cheaper to higher your own private publicist than it is to buy publicity from places like Airleaf and Jones Harvest even if they were doing what they promised. I have spoken to publicists that charge between $35.00 and $50.00 an hour to promote books by sending them to radio stations, television shows, and the news media. I will start putting together a kit that all of you can have for free on how to promote your book with little or no cost by doing it yourself.
Airleaf is now trying even more desperately to grab in authors. Six of you sent me their advertisement this week about the new Airleaf film called "The Touch." I did some investigating--and just like Jessie's Girl, this is a movie trailer, not a film. It is being done in connection with Litestone Entertainment, which is a payoff agreement between Carl Lau and their owners. The book "Jessie's Girl," about Jesse James' daughter (spelled incorrectly by Airleaf) was written by Lawrence Dixon, Vice President of Litestone. He then had Airleaf take his script and turn it into a book. So there are NO Airleaf Author movies being made--just more scamming.
Today's Airleaf Victim story comes from Martha Harris in Washington State--so far, the biggest loser of money of all of us. Here is Martha's story:
Airleaf Publishing first sold me a package deal which included many of their services. They then resold some of those same services for an additional Price. Brien Jones of Jones Harvest Publishing and a past employee of Airleaf can confirm this statement. (I guess so, Martha, since he was the one selling these packages.)
Mr. Jones can also confirm that Airleaf's records that show between $35,000 to $40,000 of my money alone, not counting the sales to others which is tremendous was paid to Airleaf for such services.
My personal record directly from Airleaf mentions $13,185.85 only, a direct indication of two sets of books and possible tax fraud. I think I could come up with supporting evidence along those lines. Just remember I am now living in Washington State, and those records would be at my previous address in North Carolina. Some of those services I paid for were partially or never delivered including:
1. 10 minutes of radio time - I don't remember being interviewed for more than just a few minutes--not 10 minutes.
2. More radio time however apparently less time according to Airleaf, yet it costs me more provides another discrepancy.
3. Television appearances - this never happened.
4. A review with Boker which would include a professional endorsement. That didn't happen at all. The only endorsements I received were the ones I got.
5. Book of the Month promotions costing me $2,000.00 but no benefits that I can see so far.
The straw that broke the camel's back was when Airleaf gave my book the same ISBN number as another book by another author. I know this is illegal. I know this to be a fact because I went one step further and bought a copy of the book titled "From the Pastor's Heart" by Pastor Jonathan Willey.
It's obvious that I have been very naive. A short explanation would serve us all right. A person who is trustworthy tends to trust others.
A book can feel like our entire purpose for living: I didn't want to give up my purpose or my hope for my life. All of the things that one has done wrong or most of them can be put on paper for your children, your grandchildren, and for others to see, giving them stepping stones for doing the right thing and winning over the oppositions that so much weigh down our spirits and stand in our way of becoming wonderful people.
I prayed for Airleaf and its employees, and now I wait on the Good Lord to make things right.
Sincerely,
Martha Harris
Martha, all of our hearts are going out to you today.
That's it for now. Please keep in touch whenever you like. I am here for you. We will win our battle and stop other trusting souls from making our mistakes.
With love and hope, Bonnie

No comments: