Saturday, August 25, 2007

Self-publishing scandal. That's going to make history!

AIRLEAF UPDATES, August 25, 2007

Dear Airleaf Author Friends,

I wanted to give you an update as to my progress to date. The letters keep coming in daily from authors who are joining our ship. Yesterday, I received a letter from Airleaf in the amount of $681.64. This was sent to me as a result of the detective from Indiana going to their office last week. I believe that they think if they give me money, I will stop my campaign. But they don't know me. This is not about just me anymore. It's about all of us who have been cheated out of our money, hopes, and dreams.

I am keeping in touch with Detective Buskirk in Indiana and sending him information daily. He is compiling all of the information. He did tell me that he will be in touch with the Attorney General's office as well based on the information I am sending him.

I have contacted an attorney who does class action suits. He doesn't charge money unless he wins the case. Then he gets a percentage. I will send him all of the information you have provided for me in the next day or two and he will review it.
I have also contacted the Attorney General's office in Indiana. They explained to me that each person has to file his/her own complaint. I know that will take a few minutes of your time, but please do it. One author did tell me that the Attorney General got back $5,500.00 for him after an eight month wait. I found that encouraging because I don't know of anyone else who had that happen.

This is the link. When you send it in, please email me so I can keep track of who is sending it there.

Office of the Indiana Attorney General - Steve Carter

They will ask you the address of the company, owner, and phone number. Here it is:
Carl Lau, Owner
Airleaf Publishing and BooksellingCopyright © 2005 All rights reserved.35 Industrial Drive · Martinsville, Indiana 46151Telephone: 1 800 342-6068
Airleaf is definitely starting to feel the pressure, but this has only begun. They don't understand what pressure is yet. Over the holiday weekend, I will compile all of your stories into a document to be used in our future publicity when we are fighting and then winning our case.
Thank you for your support. I will keep in touch with you every few days.
Feel free to write to me at any time.

Best regards,
Bonnie Kaye
http://www.airleafvictims.com/

No comments: